Thursday, October 1, 2009

Working out

I was exploring around Sparkpeople the other day and found a cool page where they compare the calories you've eaten to your BMR (or the calories my body burns each day). While I certainly don't intend to focus on that, it made me feel even more positive.

A year ago, even a month ago, I know that if I'd been tracking my calories, I would have gone over my BMR (2640 calories) almost daily. After all, I got where I'm at somehow. But in looking at the last 2 weeks (the entire time I've been on Sparkpeople), I have only gone over my BMR 1 time. ONE TIME!!!!!

I give myself credit for making a difference for myself. That means that I've burned more calories than I've been giving myself credit for! YAY!!! I've also decided that I am going to start working out. I'm going to do some Leslie Sansone walking (maybe 2+ miles each day), or I just bought Chalene Johnson's Beach body workout video. It just looks alot like dancing around which I can do. So I'll be starting small, just 10 days. But after that, who knows?!? I might do a 15 day stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment