Friday, October 2, 2009

Plans

I did exercise last night. I started with Chalene Johnson where she teaches the basic steps, but they do this thing where they pull in their abs, and then pull in their butt, and my lower back is sore this morning. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I have very good posture normally, and the only time I get a little relief from the soreness is when I bend forward a little bit. So I only got through about 3 steps before I gave up for now, and walked 2 miles with Leslie Sansone! It was definitely a workout and a bit of a push since they're only 17 minute miles, and I felt like I was going forever! I wanted to quit at 1, but pushed myself to go 2. So I'm very proud this morning.

I'm going to do that again tonight. Now that the weekend is nearly here, I'm going to work on staying within my calorie budget again. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow (Disney themed, if you can believe it) and I don't know how that will go. I suppose the positive part is that it's at noon, and since we have to be there a little early, I'll eat breakfast, and then the reception will be my lunch and snack. I should be able to do it. I just won't be able to bring my notebook with me and log in all I eat.

We went shopping on Wednesday for a new dress for me. Went to Fashion Bug and tried on about 10 dresses, and they looked horrible! They all seemed to catch on my stomach roll and then hang there watching me as if to say look at your stomach! Then we went to Ross and I found about 5 there to try on. I must say, this season's dresses are definitely shorter than I would normally go with. But I found the perfect dress for me! It's all black, knee length but a little longer in the back, thick straps, and the bodice (the part over my boobs) is straight across and ruched. So no cleavage! Then there's this neat beaded design just under my boobs, at the high waistline. I'm going to wear it with my small black bolero jacket (which will make my arms look better) and some adorable 4 inch heels (if my feet don't swell up, but just in case I'm bringing an extra comfy pair).

I'm really looking forward to it, especially since the bride has been my friend since we were 6 years-old, and the groom has been my sister and brother-in-law's friend for about 5 years (he's my nephew's godfather) and she and I helped to set them up. This is the second couple that I've had a hand in setting up and then them getting married. Pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment