Monday, October 5, 2009

The weekend was...

Well, the wedding was really nice. The reception was very interesting, and my dress soo cute! Luckily they only served sandwiches, fruit, and pasta salad, although i still went over on my calories.

I've been tracking them in my journal, along with my calorie budget, and I'm beginning to see a pattern. I do really well eating and staying under my calorie limit for the first 2-5 days of the week, but then towards the end, I go over a bit. So now that I see it, that'll be what I work on next. I also haven't been journaling over the weekend, since we're usually out and about, but I'll have to work on that too.

Now, for the good news, Jeff and I got a digital scale on Sunday, and weighed ourselves. I have lost 1.2 pounds since the last time I weighed myself, YAY! And Jeff has lost 6 pounds since he was last weighed. He was pretty sick in between then and now, and that could be why, but he seemed a little motivated by it, which is great! This pound is the first pound I've ever lost in my life by dieting. I was deathly sick about 5 years ago, and lost 24 pounds in 19 days in the hospital, but I don't count that.

Firstly because I was barely eating anything (mostly soft foods and liquids), and then because I wasn't trying to lose weight, and it jumped right back on my butt. But now that I've seen a tiny bit of progress, I know I'm doing something right! So I'm planning to weigh myself on Sundays only (so I don't focus on that too much) and measure myself as well, which I should do today to get a baseline

No comments:

Post a Comment