Thursday, October 29, 2009

My poor hubby!

My husband has the flu. Poor guy was up most of the night throwing up. I woke up last night at nearly 1 when I heard him (he's not quiet) and stood there at the foot of the bed, trying to think about what you're supposed to do when you have the flu, which turned into about 5 wasted minutes because I'd taken something to sleep, and couldn't seem to grasp "the flu".

So I went back to bed. (His suggestion since there wasn't much I could've done anyways). So this morning before I left, I made him some chamomile tea (I couldn't find the mint) and set out some chicken broth for him to heat up and sip if he gets hungry, and some pills that are supposed to help with nausea and vomiting. And then I had to leave for work. :(

There's almost nothing sadder than having to leave your very sick hubby all by himself while you go to work. I think I'd rather have stayed with him. On a side note, I just know he's gonna lose like 15 pounds in the next week and be ahead of me again. Well, he better get over it soon.

He's supposed to start school next Tuesday, and he can't miss any days because of sickness. That's why he had to stop last term; he missed a whole week because of the flu, and he missed 4 clinicals (which you can't miss, no matter what). Which is ridiculous, because I'm pretty sure they didn't want him making the old people sick. But oh well. He stopped for the remainder of the term, and now it's time for him to go back. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment