Friday, October 16, 2009

Thinking ahead

So far for the last month, a challenge for me has been tracking my foods at restaurants, and especially at restaurants on the weekend. Jeff and I are going to dinner tonight. I asked him last night so I could plan ahead.

So I've worked today to find out how many calories are in what I like to order, and how I can healthify them. And by gosh, I think I've done it! So now, the challenge will be ordering exactly what I wrote down, and making sure to have things removed. It's astonishing, but a hot sandwich at a sit down restaurant has about 3 times as many calories as a cheeseburger at McDonalds (blech!).

The sandwich actually started out around 1,000 calories. But I worked it down to just above 600, which includes only half the bread, no mayo, only 1 slice of cheese and the meats. Hmm, after reading that, maybe I should go revamp it again. It still seems a little high. Thank goodness I got on to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment