Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I walked into the small kitchenette we have at work today, and right there, next to the microwave was a cart whose entire top shelf was covered with muffins and pastries and all good things. I was eyeballing them, as I put my lunch into the microwave, and then after pressing start, turned to face them on.

As I sat there, feeling the drool pooling in my mouth, I told myself that just "one quarter" of one of those muffins has about 200 calories. Which, while I am easily in my calorie count so far today, would have likely made me go over in my carbs. So I turned away, and completely forgot about them until I walked out of there. Whoo hoo!

I have just seen a small semblance of my self-control!!! I always thought I just didn't have any. And, although I won't count it on my official weigh in page, I weighed myself this morning, and the scale, that wonderful and magical machine, said that I weighed 299.4! Again, I won't put it into my official count, but I've been weighing myself morning and night for the last week, and there's definitely a positive down slope. Awesome! Maybe by my next Sunday weigh-in, I'll be less than 300 pounds. I'm so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment