Friday, October 30, 2009

Interesting idea

I recently read a blog about a woman named Tosca Reno who lost a ton of weight by eating clean. The idea appeals to me. While I do still eat fast food, I do count my calories, and often times will work that in. But I know that there's a large amount of additives and preservatives in those things. Things that aren't in fruit, vegetables, whole grains, etc.

From doing a little research, it sounds like it's alot of work, but then there's the consideration that if I was eating natural foods, my body would be getting the nutrients it needs to function just right, and the weight would come off way easier. I'm still tossing it around in my mind a bit. I got paid today, so we could get a bunch of veggies. I'm probably more worried that a large amount of them would go to waste, because they never look appealing to me when I'm hungry.
I'll have to work on what will work for me, because I really like the idea of eating that way. Not to mention the weight loss part.

My DH and I are having a Halloween party tonight. I made a point of only preparing a few things, food-wise, so I won't have too much to choose from. I also kept close track of my calories today so I know how much I can eat. We got some mini meatballs, and I made a sweet and sour sauce to go over it. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting (good for me, because I'm mostly not a huge fan of chocolate, so I might eat one, but then I'll be good for a long time). And a vegetable platter. Did you know you can save about $10 by buying the veggies in their normal state, and then just cutting them to size? Those already prepared platters cost around $16-20. Way too much for me, especially when it took me a whole 20 minutes to cut it all up last night. Oh, and the pop, but I'm not a big pop drinker either, so that should be fine. Barely any carbs. :) Yes! I think I can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment