Monday, November 30, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

My absolutely favorite time of year is right now. I love making lists for gifts to buy or make for my family members, for when else can I really spoil my husband?

But more importantly, preparing for the real reason that Christmas is. In the catholic church, we are encouraged to listen to advent music during advent. Advent is the season which prepares us for the coming of the baby Jesus on Christmas. The songs of Advent are truly beautiful, and are about awaiting the coming of baby Jesus. It has such beautiful meaning. Some include: 'O come, o come Emanuel.' Can't miss the meaning there. Also there are 'Come thou long expected Jesus', 'The King of Glory', and 'For You O Lord, My Soul in Stillness waits'. All a continuous theme.

At Christmas time, there is nothing I look forward to more than being with those I love. I like cold weather and snow, or just cold that makes everyone bundle up. I enjoy decorating my house in bright colors. I love this entire next month!

Oh, and as a sidenote, I weighed myself yesterday (Sunday) for my regular weigh-in day and my weight is down 0.2#. Whoohoo!!! On Thanksgiving, I ate so slowly that everyone at the table was finished and halfway done with dessert by the time I finished the food on my plate. I know I ate more than I would have, had I measured, but I just eyeballed it, and was comfortably full at the end of the meal. I even had pie.

I've never gained more weight over the holidays than any other time of the year (mostly because I don't like sweets or cake or cookies), so when I make them, I often give them away to other people. But nonetheless, I lost a little weight, and I'm very happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment