Monday, November 9, 2009

Still trying to get back on track

I've still been falling off the wagon a bit lately. Last week, I only tracked my calories on one day. I guess I got lazy. But I found my notebook again, and I started tracking again, first thing this morning.

One thing I need to work on is that I still don't have a handle on restaurant ordering. I could be doing a lot better. I think the problem for me is the darn menu. I can go into a place with my whole meal plan already worked out and decided. But then I get the menu and all of a sudden, a whole world of food opens up in front of me. I think maybe one of my goals for awhile will be to have Jeff help me work on that. I think if he gently reminds me not to look at the menu, I'll get into the habit of it.

I weighed in yesterday, and I'm down 3 pounds from last week! YAY! I don't actually know how, except that I did move around quite a bit more than before; don't get me wrong, I didn't intentionally work out, I just happened to move around more. Definitely something else to work on. I haven't made myself actually get motivated and exercise for a bit, so it's time to buckle down. I got a new pedometer (my old one broke) and will start using that. I can work on getting more steps in, and I think that may be the best way for me to go for now. Once I'm in the habit of gettting 10,000 steps each day, we'll see what I can work in. I decided to set a goal for myself; I am so close to being under 300 Lbs., I can almost taste it. So my new short-term goal is to be under 300 Lbs by Thanksgiving. That gives me 2 1/2 weeks. Which I think is do-able.

Wish me motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment