Friday, November 20, 2009

Random

I am feeling very proud of myself. While I haven't tracked my calories in my notebook for the last 9 or 10 days, I've been consistently on SP. And out of the last 7 days, I stayed within my calorie limit for five of those days. One day I went waaay over (which had been surprising, because I'd been paying attention) and one day I only went a little over. That's the best I've done to this point. It's usually been 3 or 4 days a week I stay in my calories. So I'm feeling quite proud!

Lately, I've been looking up ways to garden in the wintertime. In the Summer, we grow a number of our own vegetables and can them. Unfortunately, this last summer we just didn't do a very good job, so our canned foods is pretty low. I'm thinking of getting one of those kiddie pools, you know the ones that're aa circle and about 6 or 7 feet across.

We have a garage that we're not able to park in (thanks to the people who put the well right in front of it), and we mostly just store stuff there. So it'd be the perfect place to put one of those pools. It has a huge window that I could open for circulation. I'd have to get a heat lamp and a timer and the dirt and minerals. I think it's a positive idea, and for me, less overwhelming than a huge garden. And we'd have the bonus of having free vegetables over the winter that we wouldn't have to buy. The positives just keep stacking up! :) Definitely worth more consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment