Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yesterday's results

Yesterday, I did a great job eating!!! I entered my foods onto SparkPeople, to see where my intake lies, and how I’m doing. I evened out my meals so that the calories were more even, which I’ve been working on for awhile. I ate about 1,409 calories yesterday. My protein, fat and carbohydrates were all kept in the target range, which is pretty awesome too. And, since I don’t mind eating the same thing over and over again, I’m going to do the same thing today. For the most part, the only thing normally that ever changed in my daily menu is dinner.

On Sunday, I made a chicken stir-fry with a ton of veggies someone gave to me, brown rice, eggs and chicken. After I added everything up together and did the nutritional stats, a 2-cup serving was 300 calories, and only 6 points. Last night we had that for dinner with a half cup of cottage cheese and 1 cup of cantaloupe. It was a really delicious dinner! See the recipe below.

Then I shanghaied my two little sisters, Maria and Christine to go exercising with me. We had just enough time to be outside for about a half hour before it got dark. So Maria and I did Day One of the Couch to 5k, and Christine rode her bike along with us. It really made the time go by faster, having them to listen to. We did really well with it. Jog 1 minute, walk a minute and a half, and we probably ended up going about 1 ½ miles total. It ended really well. Maybe that’s my key to exercising; make someone go with me. LOL

I’m getting myself geared up for our Easter dinner with my family. There are usually a lot of people, and A LOT more food! I’ve been really good about eating more slowly; in fact, last year, I ate so slowly that everyone had finished their seconds before I got through my firsts. I know I did try several desserts, but instead of having a serving size of each, I had just a small slice, so I got to try a bunch of them with a lot less calories. That’s my goal for Easter this Sunday. I want to see a weight loss next Tuesday when I weigh-in at weight watchers, so it’s just going to have to work.

Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry- makes 8 servings
24 oz. chicken breast, no skin, cooked 4 C. brown rice, cooked
3 eggs ½ C. soy sauce
1 T. olive oil 1 T. sesame oil
1 C. chopped cauliflower 2 C. chopped broccoli
1 C. chopped carrots 1 C. chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
Pour both oils and half of the soy sauce into wok and turn onto medium heat. Add vegetables and stir-fry them until tender crisp. Add chicken to heat through. Remove from pan. Scramble eggs in the wok. When scrambled, add rice and stir, making sure to heat thoroughly. Add vegetables back to the pan along with remaining soy sauce. Stir together until heated all the way through. Serve.
Makes eight 2-cup servings.
300 calories; 7.5g fat; 31g carbs; 4.6g fiber; 26.9g protein; 6 weight watchers points

2 comments:

  1. Yaay for you Laura! Jogging for any amount of time in my opinion is a huge accomplishment. I have never been a jogger but since I have recently started I feel I deserve props..haha. and so do you!
    And I am glad to hear that you had such a great and satisfying meal. That makes all the difference doesnt it?
    I am enjoying your blog and hope we will find each other supportive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the food at Easter. There will be all kinds of food at my Mothers this year. I am so proud of you for starting the 5k program. You can do it. I thought I would not make it through my first one and I have done three. Good luck and happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete