Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekends are my downfall!

I have a feeling my weight is going to be up tonight at my weight watchers meeting. While I’ve done amazingly well exercising every single night and using ALL of my 28 activity points (I even went over a bit) and eating well during the week and tracking, this weekend derailed me. Just for the weekend, but it was enough to make my weight go back up. We’ll see how it goes tonight; the scale has definitely surprised me before, and I suppose it could do it again. But I’m pretty positive I won’t be hitting my 5 and 10% weight loss this week, which is a definite bummer!

Last night, I made a cauliflower pizza crust, from the recipe I found on www.lowcarbfriends.com, recipe below. This crust is the best of both worlds. Cheesy for flavor, but low-carb due to no flour, etc. And it really was delicious. I doubled the recipe and made it into 4 smaller pizzas. My mistake was that I made the crusts too thick, so they never thickened up, like the pictures. I think it has to be thin so that it cooks solidly and you can pick it up with your hand. I topped it with a small spoonful of spaghetti sauce, turkey pepperoni (80 calories for 15 slices), mushrooms, green bell peppers, chopped olives and shredded cheese. I was so full after one pizza that I didn’t even touch the other, which happily cut my calorie intake in half!

Then, Jeff had to go to bed early because he has to be up at 4:30, so I got to hang out with myself. I really feel like I felt when I was single. I’d spend how many hours in front of the TV, bored out of my mind and lonely, and there’s no one around to comfort me. I used to make up a box of macaroni and cheese, or 5 cheese pasta and eat the whole box. But I haven’t done that in ages. So instead, I exercised. I’m still working on my “Friend’s” marathon, so I put that in, and got out the wii balance board, planning to do steps to the ticking noise. Unfortunately, after the initial few directions, the batteries in the remote control ran out of juice and I didn’t know where the other remote was, and I didn’t want to search for more, so I played my show and stepped on the balance board (while it was off) for 1 hour. Wow, after I finished that, I was definitely tired, and in a good way. And that exercise helped me go over my activity points. YAY!

While I was exercising, my Dad called to tell me about a show featuring Dr. Oz about a couple who wanted to lose weight before their wedding, and they were going to show them tonight, and “you really should watch Laura, because they lost weight”. We don’t have that channel, so I didn’t watch it. But he will never give up.

All these years, I’ve been fairly comfortable in my body, despite that it’s large. And all these years, it hasn’t been quite enough for him. 8 years ago, it was “I want to see you beautiful before I die”. As if I’m not beautiful now. Those comments from him always made me want to eat which defeats the whole purpose. My immediate thought was well I’m going to eat what I want to; that’ll show you. Rebelling in my way, but hurting myself in the long run. Not very productive. Then when Jeff asked his permission to marry me, my Dad talked about how unhealthy he thought I was and talked about my weight to my future husband! It was so insulting to me. He doesn’t do it out of concern for health so much as he wants to have skinny daughters because he thinks that’s attractive. I guess the reason I put up with it is that he doesn’t really talk to me, or call me unless it’s about something like that. The only other time he’s called me in the last 6 months was when my Grandpa passed away.

Anyways, on to happier stuff. Here’s the recipe for the pizza.

CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
1 cup cooked, shredded cauliflower 1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese 1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano 2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings
mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe). Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
For the entire crust:434 calories; 25g fat; 13g carbs; 5g fiber; 41g protein

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try the pizza crust recipe. Oh and about your dad, my mother does me the same way. Both of my sisters are thin and she wants me to be thin also. She loves me, but sometimes it would be nice to call her and not start a conversation with have you lost any weight this week. So I know how you feel. I also have a wii fit board and I love it. Hugs to you..

    ReplyDelete