Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

I had a really nice Easter weekend. Unfortunately, my eating was sporadic at best, which made it a lot worse for me. We ended up eating out a couple of times, and I did keep track of my points on Saturday, though not on Sunday. Then on Friday, Jeff and I went to church, for Good Friday, then we went to my Mom’s to have a “break your fast” kind of party. Then I realized I wasn’t going to be able to exercise, and I wouldn’t make my points. When I saw her exercise bike, I thought all my prayers were answered, but unfortunately, a bolt was coming loose and riding the bike didn’t happen.

Then on Saturday, my calf was feeling pretty sore from walking a couple of days before, so I rode my bike for 30 minutes and did weights for 10 minutes, earning myself 4 points! And on Sunday, after church, we went to my Grandma’s house for dinner, and I persuaded Jeff and my cousin and his wife to go on a walk with us. We walked probably a mile or so, but it was very low intensity, as we meandered rather than sped walked. But it did take a full half hour, so I was able to get 2 points for it. Then I spent the remainder of the evening cleaning the house. I deep cleaned the bathroom and put the kitchen back in order, and mopped a bit. I counted these for 1 point, since I was active, just on a low scale.

I have to say, going to these family events has always been really enjoyable to me. I like being social and seeing people that I don’t see all the time. But it really is getting harder, seeing all these babies and little kids, and pregnant people around, and not being able to have that same thing. One of my sisters, who is pregnant and due in May, constantly complains about everything, when it comes to her pregnancy. Everything is uncomfortable, everything is awkward, being pregnant IS SO HARD! But she doesn’t consider that the people who can’t get pregnant would give anything to experience the uncomfortable, awkward parts of it. If I knew I could have a baby by it, I would suffer the worst pregnancy to get that. I wish it worked that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment