Thursday, April 22, 2010

Victorius, in good ways!

On Monday, I went into a little kitchenette here at work to heat up my lunch, and there was a plate with donuts on it!!! I was really tempted, but was resisting fine. As I got my food into the microwave however, the smell of the donuts came wafting under my nose. It was really bothering me, and I kept looking at them, and drooling. So I took a paper towel and covered them up, and I swear, it worked! It was like they didn’t exist, and by the time my food was ready, I completely forgot they were there. Victory for me; take that donuts!

Both Tuesday and Wednesday this week, I went down to the work cafeteria and they had some donuts there, and I had one each day, knowing it wasn’t on my plan, and would mess up my points. When I got back to my office, I tallied them into my tracker and worked on adjusting my day, which wasn’t that hard. I ended up with about 10-14 points left both days for dinner. After that, I planned on an omelet with lots of veggies and a little bit of cheese to use those points up. But when Jeff called and asked what’s for dinner, I learned he’s not a big fan of omelets.

So when I got home, I baked a couple of chicken breasts, small potatoes, and cooked up some carrots and broccoli. I did keep my points within my points target! Then Jeff, my darling husband, went to the store for some things we needed and came home with a 20 ounce grape pop (which I enjoy) and a lemon pie (which I really like!!!) for me. And I was in the middle of my Walk Away The Pounds 3 miles video, so it was even worse. As I’m kicking away, I looked at the nutritional stats on the pie (if you can even call it nutritional. I mean, that’s kind of a laugh in itself) and it was 450 CALORIES FOR THE ENTIRE PIE!!! Seriously, did they dip it in oil and roll it in sugar?!?!?!??!? Those things don’t seem fried, as they’re not greasy; I always assumed they were baked. With trying to stay in a points target here, I couldn’t see eating it as conducive to my weight loss, so I had Jeff move them to a place where they’re less available, and I might not even ever see them. If they go bad, no huge loss. But I think I might let myself have a bite every now and then.

Before I showered, I weighed myself to see how I was doing. My scale said 282.6!!! The lowest ever, and though it’s not my official weight, it shows that I’m doing something right! I just might be in the 270’s in a month!!! YAY!

This weekend, we’re going to visit my cousin out of state and since I’m trying really hard to not gain weight, I’m going to have to work on my portion sizes. Luckily, she asked me to come up with a recipe or two that we could make, so I can keep tabs on what I’m eating a little easier. I have high hopes for my next weigh in.

2 comments:

  1. Great for you! I hope your weigh in goes great and cant wait to hear how you did! And to get on the scale and see an alltime low is amazing! You must be on cloud nine. I too saw a number on the scale the other day that I hadnt seen in well over a decade. It was so excited and it rejuvinated my motivation! Keep up the good work Laura. And if you want the pie then just make sure you count it. that was my flaw with WW. if I had just a bite it didnt count. By the end of the day I probably had a whole extra meal of "it didnt count"'s. Stay strong!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo! and I know what you mean about HolyCowCalorieMoments. Sometimes it just takes a bit to sink in. Keep it up, you're learning and doing new things every day.

    ReplyDelete