Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why I don't run at night

May your stuffing be tasty,
may your turkey be plump,
may your potatoes and gravy
not go to your rump.

May your yams be delicious,
may your pies take the prize and
may your Christmas dinner
stay off of your thighs.

I love this poem! I'm going to put it onto FB just for fun! Last night, I completed Week 2 in the C25k program! On the treadmill of course. I live in the country, kind of. Like my house is located a few minutes from town, but I live down a road with only 10 or 15 houses on it, and fairly spread out.

There is a business of sorts at the beginning of the road that helps homeless, and often drug addicts go there. And in the nearly 6 years I've lived in my home, I've experienced alot of unusual and uncomfortable events from some of these people, as they often come down the road. Because of these events, I already don't really feel comfortable being outside after dark, or not having Jeff with me, or even being on the deck when it's dark if I know Jeff isn't right inside.

I've seen and heard too many weird things. But the other day, I gave it a try. And ran into a skunk. Well, technically, I stopped a few feet from it. But my gosh he reeked, and raised his tail. After I backed away slowly, I turned and ran faster than I have before. Except maybe that one time I ran from the wave of foam at the beach. And that made me go back to my treadmill.

Anyway, we're leaving tonight for the MIL and FIL's house, where we'll be tomorrow. We're only going halfway tonight, so we don't have to go over the snowy icy mountain passes in the dark. Ugh. I love this drive, but the snow and ice from November through May make me very nervous. We have our suitcases, gifts, and ingredients for fudge and pecan pie (which I'll be making tomorrow).

Then, thanks to my watching a show last week called "I shouldn't be alive", Jeff thought I was being a little paranoid. I think I'm reasonable and if we ever drive off a cliff or get stuck, Jeff will be grateful for my forsight. But (thanks to the show), I packed a 24-pack of water bottles, 14 cans of food, and a can opener, my very extensive first aid kit (beer included, of course), a rope, and blankets. We'll survive over 2 weeks if that happens. Fingers crossed, but prepared just in case. And if anything, the weight of the extras will help on the snow and ice. See? Positives all around! I'd probably even lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment