Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 1: Goal met!

Well, as of yesterday, I finished week 1 of the Couch to 5 K program! I had originally planned to do the third workout on Saturday, but was unable to, so I got up on Sunday and did it. It was really funny; I thought my family was over when someone dang the doorbell three times, but it turned out to be my roommate's mom who's a little awkward to talk to, and to be around.

I am also rarely in a talking mood first thing in the morning. So I was all dressed in my workout (read: unattractive) clothes, and listened at our bedroom door for them to leave. The second they left, I was out the door, racing quietly for the other end of the house, where I snuck into our exercise room and closed the door, seconds before they came back in. Talk about being stealthy! LOL.

And I sent the roomie texts that I was exercising so don’t come in unless she wants to lose her head. (Reason for that is I'm self-conscious when I'm exercising, and the first thing a person would see walking into the room is my butt, and I’m grumpy in the morning). Anyways, I did the whole 28 minutes (YAY), and felt pretty good about it. Then I had to get my sweaty stinky self to the bathroom to take a shower, and be seen by her family, who was back.

It was either walk past them, or go out the front door and around to the back. Either way, they would’ve heard me, and I didn’t want to be rude to them, so I walked past them to our room. An on the way, her Mom who was sitting on the couch (one of the laziest people I know; in this instance, they were putting up the tree, decorating, etc., and she was watching them), and as I walked past and said Hello, she calls out “did you exercise for me too?”. I swear, my mind stopped dead. What do you say to that?!? LOL, after what felt like 5 minutes of mental gymnastics (remember, I’m barely thinking in the morning), I said “I can only exercise for myself right now.” I’m hoping it wasn’t rude, but no one seemed to think so, so I’m assuming not. Ahh, what a morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment