Monday, December 7, 2009

An update

I've still counted my calories and tracked my foods, but only halfheartedly, I think because I've been lazy. And it seems to be more on the weekends, I get busy and forget to. I also haven't really worked out, as I've planned to do. It always seems like something comes up.

So my goal for the next week is to write down my calories in my notebook (which I haven't used for a couple of weeks and seems to help get me back on track) and to start the Couch to 5k program. Tonight. Rain or shine (though it's bi*chy cold outside right now), it's going to happen. I've also decided to slowly try Clean Eating. I love the idea of eating for energy, and foods that are unprocessed and actually healthy with their lack of additives and preservatives. I'm doing more research today, and then I'll be shopping tonight to give myself a gentle start.

It'll take some doing for me, as I like to sleep in, every morning as late as I can, so I have to have everything prepared the evening before so I can just grab my cooler and go. I feel really positive about this step. Even if I don't lose weight on it, I will know that I'm healthier because I'm eating healthier.

Sidenote: (I'm grumbling at the computer because I don't want to include this) but I'm trying to be honest with myself first, because that keeps me accountable. I weighed myself yesterday and I am back up to 300 even. I did eat a saltier dinner, which definitely does have an impact on me, and like I said above, I've been slacking. But on the positive side, that's only 1.2 pounds up from last Sunday, which is not as bad as I'd imagined. So, there's me being honest.

The weather here is bitterly cold, but skies as blue and clear as ever, but with a wind chill factor that makes it feel like it's 17 degrees outside. Brrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment