Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coming up on vacation!

Despite my lack of motivation, in getting started with the C25K, I'm still making lots of extra little steps. Like yesterday, I finished most of the shopping for my family, and I think I walked around the store at least twice. And then I walked up and down a bunch of aisles. I had a list, but I was just checking out what they had and considering it for my hubs.

And..... today, I've kept close track of my calories and eaten pretty well, if I do say so myself. I've also decided to start weighing myself on Thursdays instead of Sundays. While still being honest with myself, I know that I don't do as well, calorie-wise on weekends, so I weigh myself on Sunday and the weight is a bit higher because we may go out to dinner or something. Doing it on Thursday would give me more time to fix any damage done on the weekend, although in the long run, I just need to eat better on the weekends. It's definitely a goal of mine.

My mother-in-law asked us what we want as a couple, and after a slight debate, Jeff told her a wii. Which sounded fine with me. We could compete and be active together, which would be great. But when I was at the store last night, I checked out their wii programs, and holy smokes! First you have to have the wii. Then you have to buy a separate program for the games, or wii fit($20), then you have to buy the balance board($99), or fake golf club thingie($30). I mean, it really adds up. I'm assuming we'll get a new program a couple times a year if we feel like it, but seriously, it almost seems not worth it. What a way for that company to make more money. It's just like the cell phone companies who can't all produce the same wall phone charger. NOoooo, it's gonna be a completely different charger for each phone because they're not compatible. (And then they make another$35 offa you for the phone charger you needed).

My brother is going into the Navy in January, and after months of thinking about what would be good for him for Christmas (especially since he can't bring it with him), I chose cookies. I'll make him one dozen for Christmas, and then twice during the next year, he can send me a letter asking for his Christmas present, and I'll ship it to him. Not to mention, it'd bring a little bit of home to him. I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out. LOL, but I really love what we're all doing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment