Monday, February 22, 2010

What a great weekend!

Yesterday, I went shopping to Goodwill with my sister, where I found 6 shirts, 1 skirt, and a cute pair of sandals for less than $30. I was really surprised because I have only ever found 1 shirt at Goodwill, and that was a mistake because it looked like something my mom would wear, not me at age 22.

Anyways, I looked for shirts 1x, 2x and 3x and found a bunch of both. I started with about 18 shirts and had to take them to the fitting rooms 6 at a time and whittled the amount down to 6. AND... they're all size 1x and 2x. No 3x's for me!!! This is the first time I've gone clothes shopping since I started losing weight and that's the first time in my life that I've been able to buy clothing in a size smaller, not bigger! Such a high!

And for my goal for Lent- 30 days of exercise in 40 days, I have exercised 4 of the last 6 days, but I'll exercise tonight to make it 5 of 6 days. My calendar is looking pretty cool! I have different colored stars for different amounts of time that I intentionally spent exercising, and it's starting to get colorful. I'll have to do an hour one of these nights so I can put a blue one up! LOL, it's very motivational.

This weekend, food-wise, I didn't do so hot. I just wasn't on. I'm doing the Beck Diet Solution, which really is effective in changing the way I think about food, and it definitely worked that one time I went to the restaurant with my cards in hand, and they were what kept me on track. But I'm still struggling with remembering to bring the cards with me, so I can have that reminder. I wonder if I should start writing on my hand. I'm considering putting sticky notes around the house and car to remind me to bring my cards. Not a bad solution, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment