Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Here's to me

For the last 19 months, Jeff and I have been trying to conceive a baby, without success. We talked last night and decided to take a 3-6 month break, and focus on both of us getting healthy and losing weight.

I know weight can affect a mans' fertility, and we want to give that time to see if it makes any difference. For me, I'm very aware of my cycles, and know exactly where I am at during any given time, but have been finding myself heartbroken once a month for 19 months. That's 19 heartbreaks. Ugh, definitely too much.

I think part of this for us is that a friend of Jeff's from school just told him she's pregnant after trying... get this, 3 weeks. Sounds like my sisters actually. All their husbands have to do is look at them and they get pregnant. But it's obviously not going to work that way for us, so we have to go about this differently.

We will not be actively trying, but we will not be doing anything to avoid it either. By my birthday in August (6 months from now), we will hopefully be able to re-prioritize our goals and start trying again. Jeff will be nearly finished with school and things will hopefully even out a bit. So, here's to focusing on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment