Monday, February 22, 2010

30 in 40

My new short-term goal is to exercise for 30 of the 40 days of Lent. That'll be 5 days each week, so not a huge deal, thought it'll definitely help. During Lent, growing up, we always gave something up, as a sacrifice. As a kid, my family gave up TV, and we each got to choose something else, like candy, etc.

This Lent I gave up candy, sweets and desserts (which I failed at this morning, but picking myself up to continue, LOL). And I've decided to take up something that I do not really enjoy, so I chose exercise. Besides that it'll be good for me, it will be a push to get myself to do it 5 days a week, so I think that'll be a reasonable thing to do.

Speaking of exercise, after church last night, we got home and I did steps for 30 minutes while watching The Holiday on our wii. I really love that I can do that, so I don't have to sit there watching my fat little character take steps. I can watch TV or a movie! It makes the 30 minutes go by so fast! So I put a silver star on my newly printed out calendar. It'll help me see my progress. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment