Monday, May 17, 2010

Update from the weekend

I didn’t post over the weekend with the foods I ate, but I did track them. Instead of putting them down since they’re 3 long lists, I’ll just spell out my calorie count and how I did.

On Friday, I did alright through the day, and then went to my aunt’s house for a jewelry party. I only ate 2 small quiches, but I drank a cup of punch and about 4 oz. of Margarita before it made me feel like I was going to vomit.

Friday calorie count: 2,033. Not great since I did go over my limit, but not above the amount of calories that my body burns daily, so not a total loss. I was very aware this weekend of what I was putting into my mouth, and what I was drinking, so I didn’t do too badly actually.

On Saturday, I weeded another flowerbed by the house for an hour and a half. Got a nasty blister on my thumb and I think I’ve got a pinched nerve, but I felt good being in the sun for so long. Soaked up lots of vitamin D, and spent the rest of the day feeling satisfied and happy, I think the weather helped a great deal.

Saturday calorie count: 1,918. Better than Friday definitely, although still above my calorie limit. Since we had both exercised 5 times during the week, we designated Saturday as our one sit down meal for the month. We went to a Bar and grill, and I got the cod fillets with a baked potato. Jeff and I swapped my coleslaw (which I don’t like) for his vegetables (which he doesn’t like), but was disappointed because there in the bowl they were in was several tablespoons of melted butter. So I drained it off, but it still didn’t appeal, so I didn’t finish it.

On Sunday, we just stayed around home for the most part. It was our day to relax which really was nice.
I got out some chicken breasts and veggies to BBQ for dinner. I was totally stoked because the weather was perfect!!! I cut up the veggies and made a little tin foil packet of them. I seasoned them and drizzled them with olive oil. We wrapped potatoes in tin foil, and I got the BBQ going.

However, there is 1 (ONE) reason Jeff is the BBQ king and I am his loyal servant. The BBQ didn’t heat up like it was supposed to, but I plopped everything on it anyways, and after about a half an hour, realized it wasn’t cooking, and then Jeff reminded me he had to go to bed early, so we brought it all inside and cooked the chicken in the frying pan and the potatoes in the microwave. I was really disappointed, mostly because it was the first time we’d been able to get the bbq out, and it wouldn’t work for me.

After Jeff went to bed, I went over to see my sister to keep myself entertained and less lonely. We had a really nice time, and I drank one glass of wine that my BIL gave to me. It was a nice way to end the weekend.

Sunday calorie count: 1,896. Even closer than Saturday. While I didn’t stay within my limit at all on all three days, I’m pretty proud that I did keep track of everything I ate, and I did get some exercise in. All in all, I feel like it was a successful weekend. I’m hoping it will make up for my huge gain last Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I hope so too for your sake. Sorry about the BBQ. Darn it:( Try to enjoy the week. Way to go on tracking. I haven't track for 2 weeks now because I am too lazy with this foot problem. May end up paying for it at the scales Thursday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope youre having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends can be tough, but it sounds like you did pretty well!!!

    ReplyDelete