Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacations go by so quickly.

I’m back from my vacation, and back at work. I so enjoyed being with Jeff. I love that man so much.

On The 28th, we arrived at our hotel room which was beach front, we just didn’t have a beach view. It was really pretty nice for only $45 a night. They also had a swimming pool, so we went swimming on Sunday and Monday, which I counted for a half hour of exercise on my calendar, since I’m never really sitting still when I’m in water. There is almost nothing I enjoy more than being in the water. That feeling of weightlessness is so appealing to me. Not to mention that I actually feel graceful when I’m floating. You can’t trip in a swimming pool.

Unfortunately, you can cause injuries on the concrete. My feet get dried out when I’m in the water a lot, and two of my toes now have cuts at the base where the skin split. It makes working out a little less fun.

Then on Tuesday, we left the coast and drove up to Welches, which is about 10 miles from Mt. Hood. We got to stay in a condo that my FIL reserved through his time share. It was so relaxing and nice to be with Jeff. On Wednesday, I worked out in their gym for an hour, which was a lot of fun. The treadmill was so quiet; nothing I’m used to, since mine makes such a racket, you’d think a washing machine is walking around the room. It’s THAT bad. Anyways, after a half hour on the treadmill at an incline, I got onto the recumbent bike and pedaled for 10 minutes straight. I was struggling to get my rhythm, and then struggled with making t the 10 minutes I kept pushing for. It didn’t hurt, it was just a push to do it that much, but I did! And then on Thursday, I couldn’t get Jeff to go to the gym with me, but he was willing to go swimming, so we did that instead.

All in all, while I did pretty well at keeping active during the week, my eating did suffer. We went out a couple of times and I didn’t stick to healthy choices. I hate to say it, but I did use the excuse that I was on vacation and we rarely get to the places we ate at. Worse off is that we ended up going to the same place 2 nights in a row because the restaurant I had planned for (and was going to eat healthy at) closed early. So off my plan I went, and got the fish and baked potato again. Not good, but a slightly better choice than french fries. I need to remind myself that better is good enough for me.

I’m working this week on getting myself back on plan, because I’m back up to 296. On Saturday, I mowed the lawn for 1 hour, and did a 10 minute workout with my kettle bell, which I felt on my inner thighs today. Kinda cool. My work-out calendar is looking pretty colorful now. I haven’t used any green or yellow, which I’m working on figuring in, but it’s got a lot of red, white and blue on it. While I haven’t exercised as well as I should with my 30 days of exercising in 40 days, I am only a little behind, and can keep on track if I pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment