Thursday, March 11, 2010

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

Yesterday, I was dreaming about bbq. Unfortunately, since I live in Oregon, and the weather can't make up it's mind to rain, wind blow, hail, snow, or show us the sun, we can't really bbq until May-ish.

So instead, when I got home, I pulled out two Oroweat sandwich thins, and turned each one into a bbq chicken pizza. First I pulled out my 3 oz. portions of chicken out of the freezer to thaw in the microwave, and put 1 1/2 Tablespoons of bbq sauce over them. Then I toasted the sandwich thins (didn't separate them, as I wanted a more solid crust). I warmed up an ounce of Neufchatel cheese and used that as the base instead of mayonnaise. Less fat and a serving of dairy. Put the chicken on top of that and topped them with 1 ounce of cheddar cheese. Then I broiled them to melt the cheese.

I believe they cost me 9 points, but I got two pizzas for it. I got protein, whole grain and dairy. And it was totally delicious and filling! I wasn't hungry for the rest of the evening.

I also tried the 15 minute kettlebell work-out last night. I must've drank enough water though, because my muscles aren't sore today. They feel a little worked, but definitely not sore, which I can appreciate. Jeff was sitting in his chair watching me exercise and at one point said, "watching you is kind of erotic". LOL, I personally didn't see it; I was sweaty and I'm big, and I think it looked funny, but apparently not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment