Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting

Jeff and I are still awaiting results from our test. The nurse at the doctor's office has been great; she's checked 2 or 3 times a day to see if they came in, and when they haven't, she called at the end of the day to let me know. It's really so nice of her, and sadly, I was really surprised she actually did it. There is kindness out there, you just have to find it!

Last night, I spontaneously went to a weight watchers meeting in my town. I was really impressed by the size of the group. For some reason, I was imagining there'd be 5 or 10 people there, but there were nearly 30! 9 of them were new (including me) and may have been getting started because of a new years resolution, but I'm crossing my fingers for them. I felt really positive about it! I didn't say much of anything, just relaxed and watched, and it looked to me like they had a strong group! The reason I joined is that I wanted a support group in person, and I think that support might really help me. While I have lost about 15 pounds (their scale said only 300!!!), it's been a loss over the last 4 months, and I know I haven't been as on top of it as I should be.

I've been lingering in the 290's for the past 2-ish months. And I'm pretty sure it's not a plateau; it's just me not applying myself. :) So, while I don't think I'll track my calories on SparkPeople for awhile, I'm planning on staying part of the challenges and supporting my friends when they need it, and still blogging. In fact, the only thing changing is that I won't be tracking my calories there.

And I forgot to mention: Jeff asked last night if we can extend our challenge for another 6 months, until August 20th (my birthday) and whoever has lost the most percent of their weight wins $200. I think this is a positive step, especially since he's not really been interested in health since our last challenge. (I've clearly won that one!) Anyways, we'll both be working hard to get healthier, and I can't wait to do it with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment