Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Everything is NOT going as planned!

This has been a bit of a crazy week! I’ve been sick since last Monday (a week and 2 days ago) but now it’s not quite so bad. I had a terrible sore throat and stuffy nose before. Now, it’s a bad cough and froggy voice, and slightly stuffy nose. I think I prefer the now.

Jeff and I went to the beach over the weekend. We were supposed to go on Friday, but he was going through his male PMS and being a pain in the butt, and we ended up not going until Saturday. Had a great time actually, and we both really wished we had gone as planned before.

Tonight after work, he’s picking me up so we can drive south for an hour and a half for the night and then continue all the way to Bend tomorrow. The pass is pretty bad from what we’ve been hearing, and I personally don’t want to drive over that in the dark. I ended up not going to work yesterday because the roads were like sheets of ice, and we’re at a low elevation! I don’t even want to think about how bad it might be up there but we’ve got our chains and blankets and food, so we’ll be fine.

Time to fess up. For the last couple of times I’ve weighed myself, the scale said I’m back in the 280’s, 284 to be exact. I keep giving myself pep talks, because I don’t want to regain all the weight I’ve lost, but they don’t seem to be helping. It’s especially difficult when I live with someone who doesn’t try at all, and really does sabotage my diet, even unintentionally. I think he does it without thinking about it which is driving me crazy! We talked yesterday and hopefully more fully tonight about him supporting my changes, and making changes himself, and I really think if we’re both working on staying on track, it’ll be easier in the long run.

I bought Leslie Sansone’s newer (est?) video a week ago at Walmart, and it’s got me excited! It’s 5 miles, twelve minute miles in fact, and at the end of each of them, she does a cardio boost, or in this case, jogs for 2 minutes, which I was able to do. And I finished a 12 minute mile, so I CAN do better than the 17 minute mile I did a few weeks ago! That’s great!

Off to get some work done! I hope you all have a healthy and great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. I like Leslie Sansone - sounds like a great video. I'm going to have to look into it for some of these colder days when I don't want to actually get myself to the gym.

    I hope you have a nice drive and holiday - be safe on the passes. My family lives over there and I've heard the passes aren't the best this year.

    Good luck on getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Do you want to join in the Prayer Buddy match-up? I saw your comment on Sew's blog and I left a note back, but I haven't seen an e-mail from you. If you are not interested, no worries. I will be making the selections tomorrow, so if you want to get in it - please e-mail me today. Thanks! Marie (JBTC) gaudium08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say hi and to send you a smile.

    ReplyDelete