Friday, November 5, 2010

Finally, an update!!!

My gosh, the last two weeks have been so crazy! I haven’t blogged in that much time, which means I am sadly overdue.

So Jeff finished nursing school two weeks ago, and took the state nursing exam one week ago. We found out he passed the exam this week, and he officially got his nursing license yesterday! So YAY! Now he’s going to start looking for a good job. We’ve talked about possibly a job in a different state, so that we can have that experience, especially since we don’t have kids right now. I have a feeling we’ll end up staying here, but it’s worth the fun thoughts.

Last Saturday, we had Jeff’s pinning ceremony, a graduation party (thrown by me) and a Halloween party later that evening. I spent all day Friday (last week) cooking foods for the grad and Halloween party, so the day was nuts. But the dinner turned out absolutely amazing and everyone was really impressed. The dessert was a brownie with a chocolate ganache frosting, with a chocolate cut out on top. They looked fantastic, and I’m kind of sad that I didn’t get a picture. Go figure.

I also started the Nanowrimo writing “contest” (for lack of a better word). I got the first two days done well, and was a few thousand words ahead, but then I didn’t write the third day, and only a little bit the fourth day. Today I am planning on getting busy and writing a few thousand words worth and catching myself up. I’m feeling pretty proud that I’ve done well so far, even though I’m a little behind. I’ve been writing about 1500-1800 words per hour, so about a necessary day’s average. YAY!

Now about the health part, not going quite so well. I haven’t exercised at all in the last 10 or so days, and I haven’t tracked at all. I’ve been so busy (not that that’s an excuse) and have forgotten to write anything down. It’s crazy because about two weeks ago, I was tracking daily, but then I hit that point where things got so busy, and all of a sudden, tracking wasn’t even in my head. Starting tomorrow, I am tracking my foods again. It needs to be done, and I am so tired of being fat. I’m going to fix it. I’ve made a big change over the last year and I know I can do it. It’ll just take some time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back and congrats to Jeff on the Nursing Degree. You will be back on track in no time. Look forward to reading some new posts from you..

    ReplyDelete