Thursday, July 15, 2010

A small gain, but I'm not distraught!

My Tuesday night weigh-in told me I was up 0.2 pounds. It’s not a big amount, and I’m not freaking out that it’s my first gain in 7 weeks, but it did make me buckle down some more.

I’m slowly getting back on track. I have done Leslie Sansone’s 3-mile walk since Monday now, in the evenings. I haven’t been doing the greatest on eating though; I seem to do just fine for breakfast and lunch, but when dinner comes around, I just eat something I shouldn’t. Or Jeff says “let’s get pizza” and I don’t resist. Last night was a little better, though still not up to par.

But I did make his and my lunch for today, which I had been slacking on. I had been packing mine in the morning, when I’m in a hurry to leave, so I wasn’t grabbing everything I should, and I didn’t have time to write it all down. So last night, I packed it all, and wrote it all down, so I was fully prepared today.

I am determined to have a loss, and hopefully a good one, next week. I think that I’ve been lucky to have losses or maintains every week for the last 7 weigh-ins (except Tuesday). For a large amount of that time, I slacked and wasn’t tracking anything, and wasn’t exercising consistently. I think the reason that I did lose without any effort was due to the exercising I was doing about 7 weeks ago. I was doing both cardio and strength training, and when I stopped, the losses continued for nearly 2 months. That’s the only thing I was doing differently, and that’s why I think it may have made a difference. It may have kicked my metabolism into gear.

So now that I’m getting back into the swing of things, and doing cardio daily, I’m going to try to work in strength training a few times a week, to get my muscles stronger and my metabolism going better again.

6 comments:

  1. I have good weeks and bad weeks and I think if this is your first gain in 7 weeks you have done great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say strength training does boost your metabolism as it improves your lean muscle mass...or something like that. But I totally agree with that because when I was doing Tony Little DVD's I could pretty much eat what I wanted for a few months even after I stopped which I think was due to those exercises, and i didnt gain. There are specific ones that are supposed to turn your body into a metabolizing machine....squats, back exercises, etc. Let me know if you are interested in the DVD and I will give you the info on it.

    Dont feel bad about your .2 gain. I GAINED 3 whole pounds this week. :( The scale was very mean today.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you're totally on a roll...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one thing I need to add is strength training - most of my exercise is Cardio. Need to bring out the 30 day shred again! :D

    Happy Friday and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to the potty and get back on the scales you will have a loss then. You can pee .2 pounds.smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the info I was telling you about:

    http://www.tonylittlestore.com/bed-1.html

    This is just one DVD. Its my favorite and only 20 minutes! However, if you scroll down you will see that you can get the whole set which is like at least 6 DVD's for $32. That is the set I bought and I Like it because it changes it up a bit when you are looking for something different. Hope you enjoy :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete