Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekend, Here I come!!!!

Last year at this time, I weighed 315 pounds. I desperately wanted to lose weight, but since I'd never dieted before, I wanted to know everything I could to give myself as much success as possible. I started researching everything I could find, anywhere I could find it (books at the library, bookstores, blogs, internet) to learn as much as I possibly could need to know about how I was going to lose weight. I did this for a month before I actually started tracking my foods on SparkPeople and lost weight.

Looking back on it, I think this is part of the reason that the last year has been successful for me. I planned way ahead, and didn’t set an actual start date. I only made it a point to research and learn everything I possibly could and when it felt right, to apply my newly acquired knowledge. I think slowly between those times, I started (unintentionally) using some of the little tips I’d learned, so that I was already learning slightly better habits.

My official weight this morning (and I’m going to take it and run this week) is 274.6 pounds! Over the last two weeks, it’s a loss of about 3.8 pounds give or take a couple because of the scale difference, but definitely more reasonable than the 264 I got last week. LOL. So my total loss is finally at 40.4 pounds. In about a year. While it doesn’t seem like much, I am still in the 200’s, I am still less heavy than I was then, I am still working on being healthy. I would like to double the amount for the next year. That would put me just below 200, into onederland. Around 194.6 pounds. Wow, it seems crazy to say it, because I haven’t been there since high school, a little over ten years now, but I’m going to be there! I’m excited for that.

We’re leaving for camping tonight, and I am really excited! We’re going to central Oregon somewhere (the guys are deciding and then us girls are meeting them there when we get off work), some lake, and I’m planning on having a great time! I brought my tennis shoes and workout clothes, because I figure, as much as I really hate it, I’m going to do a bunch of walking if I can to get my exercise in, and make up for possible overeating.

We split the meals between us, and I made several healthy choices for ours. I cut up a bunch of carrots and celery to snack on. I packed steak, potatoes, green beans and light sour cream, one healthy cereal and one sugary one, skim milk, regular bagels but low-fat cream cheese. I’m also planning on making campfire calzones, where you stuff your calzone, wrap it in tinfoil and stick it near the fire to bake. I got lots of vegetables cut up for those, as well as turkey pepperoni (only 70 calories for 16 slices) and low-fat cheddar cheese. (I’ve been looking for low-fat cheddar for the longest time, but as far as I can tell since I found it last night, it only comes in bags shredded, which is fine for my purposes. I’m hoping it tastes good.) So I’ve got a bunch of healthier choices that makes eating this weekend a little bit better and still fun for me.

I hope you’ve got something fun planned for the long weekend! Have a good one!

Here's where I'll be:

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time this weekend and grats on the loss this week.

    P.S. I started at the same weight you did and my goal is the same as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you in a game on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..that pic looks great!!!! I want to go there too!!!! Have fun Laura.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete