Friday, October 1, 2010

The next few months make me happy

I cannot believe its October already! It seems like it was just August be here we are, a whole two months later! What happened?!?!? I'm really looking forward to my whole week off, the first week of November! It's my vacation that I take 4 times per year. I love Paid Time Off!!!

I'm really excited about the next few months. I know most people worry about gaining weight, or watching their food over the holidays, but I've been lucky that I've never gained over that time. I bake cookies and treats, but I mail them to everyone else to enjoy. And when it comes to the actual celebrations, I enjoy the socializing enough that I eat much more slowly, drink more water and eat less because of it. I even eat desserts, and don't have a problem, because again, I just eat them slowly. And if I don't like it, I don't finish it. But most of all, I love the preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The decorations, and color that is brought into the house and main street just make me feel warm and very happy. I'm this [] close to decorating the house for fall this year, just for some color. I might just end up giving in. LOL!

I’m going to be having a small graduation party for my husband’s graduation at the end of the month. He’ll be finished on the 22nd (YAY!) and his parents are coming the next weekend. By small, I mean 19 people, and it’s going to be a 4 course Italian dinner, that I cook. I’m really excited about this. I even took off the day before so that I can cook it. It’ll probably be a nutritional nightmare, but this really is an event worth celebrating, and I know I won’t actually eat as much, because I never do when I’ve cooked as much as I’m going to be.

I’m going with Bruschetta as an appetizer, Zuppa Toscana and Caesar salad for the next course, my amazing spaghetti, meatballs and garlic bread for the main course, and Panna Cotta for dessert (if I’m still feeling motivated). Otherwise it’ll just be a cake.

Then, after that’s over, we’ll be having our annual Halloween party where I’ll be serving a bunch of appetizers and drinks. I won’t tell you what, but our costumes are going to be fantastic! We always have a costume contest, most unique, best couple, best costume, etc. which everyone gets to vote for, and we (or one of us) has won every year for the last 3 years. So fun! And we’re determined that this year is going to be our best yet! I’ll make sure to put up pictures, so you can see how great it is. Gee, now it sounds like I’m bragging. LOL.

This morning, I forgot to weigh myself, however I know it’s up because AF arrived. So I think maybe I’ll just skip it for this week and jump back on next Friday.

5 comments:

  1. So giddy you are...lol Have a great party. smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are going to have a really fun Halloween party.. I love to dress up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, I love this time of year too. I have had my house decorated with fall decorations since the 15th of September. I've got pumpkins, leaves, and scarecrows everywhere!!! At night I turn on my mood lighting and light all the candles. My home is so cozy and smells great too!! Geez I'm a nut!!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 weeks off a year is great! Enjoy it!

    Skipping the scale isnt the worst thing. I am avoiding the scale for a few days. I may have run my first 5k on Saturday(pics on blog) but I didnt eat very well this weekend :(

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to be like you - make the social events more about the people than the food - I consider it a victory if I maintain through the holidays.

    Love your menu! That sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete