Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I love being in control of myself

I did a re-write of my plan/goals the other day, and I know I am motivated now. I’m not sure what did it, but it made me write out my plan again. I will eat under 1400 calories each day, which is on the low end of my calorie intake from SparkPeople, and I will exercise 6 days each week, to burn 3500 calories per week. I figure that will at least help me drop some weight somehow.

Monday was day one and I was successful! I packed my breakfast and lunch with lots of fruits and vegetables, as well as 1 cup of soup and a cheese stick. I had my water aerobics class Monday night, which burns 501.8 calories for the class, at my weight. Then I got home and cooked up one of those frozen bagged meals, which was delicious. When I got hungry around 9 o’clock, I peeled a small zucchini and ate that at the computer. The day was great; I definitely had my temptations but I remained strong and made the right decisions.

Then on Tuesday, we got news about our auto insurance, blah blah blah, I won’t bore you with the details, except to say that the whole mess made me cry, and I happened to be on lunch, so I drove to a store, very intent on stopping by their deli and getting a bunch of their foods. Again I resisted though. I actually got to a parking spot, and the car turned off, before I realized I didn’t want to do that to myself. Like they said on BL the other day, every time I eat something like that, I’m killing myself slowly. Sure, I don’t have any health problems now, but in the future if I stay where I’m at, I likely will, and they’re avoidable. Why on earth would I want to deal with something that was avoidable?!?

Last night, I did exercise. Unfortunately Jeff called early and told me he’d be ready to be picked up earlier than planned, which cut into my hour of walking. So I sped up my pace to 150 steps per minute, and kept that up for 34 minutes before I left to pick him up. Not too shabby!

I told Jeff the other day that if he wanted to go out to eat, he had to tell me a day before hand so that I could eat a little less so that going out to eat wouldn’t make me go over my calorie intake. So tonight we’re getting something from King Torta, a Mexican restaurant that has the most delicious food! They don’t have calorie counts for anything, as far as I can tell so I’ve had to guesstimate and I’d bet that my guess is somewhat close. Either way, I’ve been good all week, and tonight’s meal won’t put a ding in my streak. I’m going to do it!

3 comments:

  1. Your title today hits the nail right on the head. Well put Laura.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling! I hope you had a fabulous dinner…you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete