Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MIA? No, not me!

Wow, I’ve been MIA. This might be a long one.

To shorten it up, I did quite well eating-wise, although I was lazy and didn’t track everything. I paid close attention to everything that went into my mouth, and kept a sort of mental tally of my points and calories. On Friday night, I spent about 5 hours making a totally awesome cake for my nephews (and Godson) second birthday. They were having a party for him on Saturday at 5pm. And on Thursday, we found out that our other godson was getting a birthday party at noon on Saturday for his 1st birthday. Their birthdays are 1 day apart, so I can see this happening for the next 18 years. LOL.

Anyways, on Saturday morning, I got up early to mow the lawn but it was raining, so that didn’t happen. So I ate a piece of leftover pizza for breakfast (I know, not healthy, but since I only do that once or twice a year, I wasn’t going to make a big stink about it). Then we went to the first birthday party, and what do they have?!?!? Pizza and cake! So I had 2 pieces of pizza, and 1 bite of Jeff’s cake and made do with that. Then we got home for a couple of hours and went to the second birthday party, and what do they have?!?!? Pizza and cake. So I had 2 pieces, a salad and a piece of cake (since I made it). Over all, definitely not a very healthy day, but I think within my calorie limit.

On Monday, I spent the day with an awful pain, felt like it was behind my ribcage and all the way down behind my stomach. Kind of a dull throbbing ache. I thought maybe I had eaten something I shouldn’t have, but at one point, it got so bad I considered going to the urgent care to be looked at, which for me never happens. I so rarely go to the doctor, for me to even think of the urgent care is pretty bad. I ended up not going, but should have.

Later that day, Jeff called me and told me he had the flu. Vomiting and the other all day long. I realized that I too had the flu, though it wasn’t as awful. When I got home, however, I took my temperature and it was 102 degrees! Then I got really miserable. I didn’t go to work yesterday because of it. So I’m back today, as my temperature is back to normal and hoping that these hot cold flashes and headache are nothing. I don’t want to spread the flu around, especially where I work, but I cannot afford to stay home too much, so hopefully I am better.

Anyways, I did go to my weight watchers meeting last night. I had been looking forward to it for the last week, and I really felt like I needed the support, and friendly faces. I made sure to not get too close to anyone though. According to their scale, I’ve lost another pound. I’m down to 277.8!!! And I realized I’m only 7.4 pounds away from my 10% with weight watchers!


  1.! Sounds like you had a super busy day! I'm sorry your sick I hope you feel better soon. Drink lots of fluids!

  2. Whoohoo girl! Keep it going! You will be at your 10% in no time. Up for a challenge??? I challenge you to exercise for 30 minutes 4 days this week and see what it gets you on the scale next week!!! I will never forget you posting about what a huge difference exercise makes for your weight loss. So me being your blogging buddy wants to challenge you and tell you to go for it! We want a 6!!!!!!If you feel better of course....


  3. OMG I am so sorry you have been under the weather. I hope you are feeling better soon. Congrats on the weight loss too. 10% is right around the corner for sure. Good