Thursday, September 24, 2009

Feeling pretty proud

In the last 2 weeks, I've definitely had my eyes opened. The first week, while I still ate less calories than my body burns in a day, I was still way over my goal. So for the last 3 days (so far) I've been below my calorie goal, but close enough that it makes me happy. I'm figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. - Eating out is bad, unless I look up what I'm going to order ahead of time. Then I stay within my limit.

I like to cruise SparkPeople several times a day. It actually seems to work as a reminder to me to make better decisions. Looking through my journal (which only has my calorie counts and my calorie budget) helps when I might forget why I'm doing this. :)

Reading people's success stories, and especially the ones who've lost over 100 pounds like I have to, keeps me motivated as well.

Packing my lunches each day discourages me from getting fast food, AND encourages me to eat more veggies, since I pack them.

My mantra is beginning to become "eat for energy", and "I want to wear a bikini". LOL, I just know I'm going to get there just fine. Just this morning, I woke up and the thought that crossed my mind is that I'll be eating healthy for the rest of my life, and keeping track of it for at least a year (or more, depending on how long it takes me), which seemed kind of daunting at the time, but when I talked to myself, it helped. It's for the good of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment