Thursday, August 12, 2010

Greatest NSV EVER!!!!!

I had a real non-scale victory during these last 7 days. When I went shopping with Jeff over the weekend, most of the shirts I found were size 2X, as opposed to my old 3X. One shirt was so cute that I couldn’t pass it up when they didn’t have it in 2X, but still, I’ve obviously gone down enough on top that I finally have lost a size! And this morning, I couldn’t find my work pants. When I bought them, I got 2 pairs of the same pants, so that, basically, they will last twice as long if I rotate them out and the legs will go further before wearing out between my thighs. That is one of the main reasons I bought 2 of the same pair of pants. It’s sad that I could see that before but still didn’t change myself. Anyways, this morning, I was crawling around our closet to find something to wear, and came upon a pair of pants, that I don’t think I’ve worn in 4 or 5 years. I remember wearing them when I was 21, but I’m not sure of the later years. They’re a size 22, and I was so sure they wouldn’t fit, as I was pulling them up. But they got over my butt and zipped up, and are only the tiniest bit tight! I couldn’t believe it!

Size-wise, I weighed a lot less when I was 21 years old, but that’s when I hit size 22. When I was in 24, and was this close to a 26, I put my foot down, and now here I am, finally a size 22 and 2X. I am so excited!

I did really good tracking yesterday and tracked everything I ate, even though there were some things I shouldn’t have. They’re written down, and duly noted. I think the problem was that the2 things I ate and shouldn’t have were simply in the house. I wasn’t hungry, and was even just putting stuff away in the fridge and my gaze landed on them. Sigh, it will get better. I made my smoothie again this morning, and packed my lunch. I will do better! I am determined!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! Pretty soon those jeans will be to tight for ya! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the greatest feeling to put on smaller clothes and have them fit!?! Congratualtions on a wonderful NSV!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NSV's are the best! Yaaay for you!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete